I’m a faculty member at Tecnologico de Monterrey (México) where I study human motion and industrial robotics. Currently, I’m also an associate editor for IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, and a Topic Editor for Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences.
Previously at LIRMM, the University of Montpellier, Euromov, and Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (CONACyT-Fellow researcher)
I graduated as a Mechatronic engineer back in 2007. After a short run as a mechanical engineer at CIATEQ (Advanced Technology Center), I left for Europe in 2009 to enroll in the European Masters program in Advanced Robotics (EMARO). In 2011 I obtained a M.Sc. in Automatic Control and Robotics from both Warsaw University of Technology in Poland and the École Centrale de Nantes in France.
I presented my Ph.D thesis in Automatic Control at the University of Montpellier, France. There I was part of the DEMAR project, a research jointly coordinated by INRIA (French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation), LIRMM (Montpellier Laboratory of Computer Science, Robotics, and Microelectronics) and the University of Montpellier.
My research interests include biomechanics, modeling, control and humanoid robotics.
- Review Editor: Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences (2022 – )
- Associate Editor: IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (2020 – )
- Topic Editor: Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences (2022)
- Topic Editor: Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences (2020)
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters Outstanding Associate Editor: IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (2022)